Come work with us! The JCC of the North Shore is an exciting, friendly place to work.
Lifeguards & Swim Instructors
The JCCNS Aquatics Department is currently looking to hire Lifeguards & Swim Instructors, both part-time and full-time. For more info, please contact Aquatics Director Ashley Vieira at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-476-9912.
Assistant Director of Camps, Youth and Family Programs
Reports to: Director of Camps, Youth & Family Programs
The Assistant Director of Camps, Youth and Family Programs is responsible for overseeing the operations of the JCC of the North Shore’s premiere afterschool enrichment program, JAdventure. In addition, this position will manage the coordination and implementation of all weekday specialty classes, with some weekend and evening programs, as well as supporting Summer at the J camp operations, to meet the needs of the community and mission of the JCCNS.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Developing and delivering afterschool programs, youth school vacation camps, field trips, and special events throughout the year to engage school-aged youth, as well as assisting with community and family outreach programs
- Managing specialty classes offered through the JCC for school-aged youth, including program selection and scheduling, hiring of instructors, and oversight of registration and billing processes
- Managing JAdventure program staff and volunteers, including training, goal setting, performance evaluation, and recruiting and hiring as needed
- Managing partnerships with schools and exploring ways to grow/increase program participation
- Assisting with EEC licensing requirements for JAdventure and other department-related administrative tasks
- Supporting the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of Summer at the J camp staff
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of special camp programs, such as field trips, family nights and spirit days
- Supporting administrative aspects of camp, including but not limited to, assisting with the following: organizing camper and staff files, organizing specialist lesson plans, coordinating supply orders, supporting development and distribution of weekly newsletter, organizing and facilitating staff meetings, developing and implementing staff orientation
- Overseeing the JCCNS’s Birthday Party Program, including supporting with scheduling, room booking, set-up and clean-up, program content (where applicable), and ensuring adequate staffing
- Communicating with families on an ongoing basis
- Working with Marketing Director to promote programs and ensure maximum participation
- Developing and monitoring program budget, including a monthly review process, to meet fiscal objectives
- Developing and implementing evaluation process to gauge parent satisfaction and strengthen program where needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years teaching experience, direct experience, and/or admin experience developing, delivering and/or managing programs for youth required. Experience with summer camps preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changing needs in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive a benefits package including health and dental insurance, life insurance, paid vacation and sick time, matching retirement plan, and free JCC membership.