Come work with us! The JCC of the North Shore is an exciting, friendly place to work.
Lifeguards & Swim Instructors
The JCCNS Aquatics Department is currently looking to hire Lifeguards & Swim Instructors, both part-time and full-time. For more info, please contact Aquatics Director Ashley Vieira at email@example.com or 781-476-9912.
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer at the J CIT/LIT Director
Supervisor: Director of Camps, Youth & Family Programs
Type: Seasonal position for Summer 2018; Limited hours required prior to summer season for program planning, meetings, and orientation, and post-camp wrap-up.
The Jewish Community Center of the North Shore, located in Marblehead, MA is currently seeking a seasonal Director for our Summer at the J Counselor-in-Training (CIT) and Leader-in-Training (LIT) Programs. The CIT/LIT Director is responsible for planning and implementing all aspects of these programs, with a focus on team building, leadership, skill development, and service.
- Review applications, interview youth candidates, and manage the youth selection process.
- Supervise all CITs/LITs, and support their personal growth and skill development.
- Learn and know each CITs/LITs strengths as well as areas for growth.
- Implement a range of fun and engaging programs that support the development of leadership skills amongst participants.
- Foster a safe, supervised environment in which CITs/LITs feel they are part of a team, including individual and group check-ins.
- Collaborate with camp administrators and counselors to place CITs/LITs in camp support roles that align with their skillsets and interests.
- Facilitate a participant evaluation and feedback process, and incorporate feedback from counselors, administrators, and campers.
- Plan and staff off-site field trips and community service projects, and incorporate CIT/LIT input when feasible.
- Act as a role model for CITs/LITs.
- Be responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of campers.
- Prior teaching and/or youth development experience, preferably with a pre-teen/teen population, preferred. Experience with summer camps a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changing needs in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
Summer at the J Camp Specialty Instructors
The Jewish Community Center of the North Shore, located in Marblehead, MA is currently seeking Specialty Instructors to teach daily classes in our Summer at the J Camp programs for campers entering grades 1-7. Specialty Instructors will be responsible for teaching specific daily electives, ie dance, sports, arts, and other specialties. Instructors can teach for up to 8 weeks during the summer. Below are some of the areas for which we are currently seeking instructors, although if you have a background or skillset in an area not listed below, we’d welcome the opportunity to explore a possible fit for new camp programs.
Cheerleading and tumbling
STEM (Robotics, SCRATCH, Web Design, Mine Craft, Legos, etc.)
Various Sports (lacrosse, field hockey, soccer, flag football)
Have a background in an area not listed here? We are also open to adding new activities to our elective list, so if you are available for the summer and have a specialty area of expertise, please contact Camp Director, Leah Reich at email@example.com.
Salary commensurate with level of expertise and experience.
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.