This year’s Jewish Book Month Speaker Series has an incredible line-up that you will not want to miss!
For JBM event reservations,
click HERE or call Lynne Gomberg at 781-476-9909.
For Sponsorship opportunities, please contact Stephanie Greenfield
Can’t Help Myself: Lessons & Confessions from a Modern Advice Columnist – Reserve Your Seat HERE
Join us for dinner and conversation with Meredith Goldstein, advice columnist and entertainment reporter for The Boston Globe. In her latest book, Goldstein takes readers through the origins of the column, its wild online-to-print success, and reveals what was happening in her own life as “Love Letters” grew. Can’t Help Myself is the extraordinary story of a single woman who joins a long tradition of Jewish advice givers.
- Date: Thursday, November 15
- Time: 6:00 PM
- Location: Kernwood Country Club, Salem (valet parking available)
- Price: $65 per person, includes dinner and wine
Promised Land – Reserve Your Seat HERE
Meet Emmy award-winner and former NBC News Bureau Chief Martin Fletcher, who will discuss his latest novel. The first of a trilogy, Promised Land is a sweeping saga about two brothers and the woman they both love – a devastating love triangle set against the tumultuous early years of the state of Israel.
Hosted by the Peabody Essex Museum.
- Date: Sunday, December 16
- Time: 3:00 PM
- Location: Peabody Essex Museum
- Price: $25 per person, includes reception and museum admission.There will be an opportunity to view the new Empress of China’s Forbidden City exhibit. Stay tuned for more details.
The Vanishing Gourds: A Sukkot Mystery – Reserve Your Seat HERE
Author Susan Axe-Bronk will delight youngsters with a dramatic reading about a little girl whose gourds – decorations for the family’s sukkah- start mysteriously disappearing. Please join us to find out who the culprits are and how they give back to the family in a most surprising way! The reading will be followed by a craft, snack and book signing.
- Date: Sunday, September 30
- TIME: 1:00 PM
- LOCATION: JCCNS Sukkah/EHS
- Price: This is a FREE event!