Current Openings Include:
Lead Counselor, J Adventure
J Adventure is the JCCNS’s award-winning, after school program for students in K-6th grades, which runs from September through June. Lead Counselors are responsible for the following aspects of the program:
- Planning & establishing classroom rules and expectations,
- Setting the tone of the classroom, establishing group norms, and adhering to classroom expectations,
- Managing the developmental, emotional, and behavioral wellbeing of the participants,
- Establishing the daily routine, including bathroom/water breaks, outside time, free play, etc.
- Supervising Junior/Assistant Counselors who act as support for the overall program,
- Working under the supervision of the Youth and Family Director,
- Maintaining accurate attendance rosters,
- Acting as bus monitor for program transportation, and
- Ensuring that the program aligns with the mission of the JCCNS.
Lead Counselors in the J Adventure Program/Youth and Family Department should be adaptable and empathetic team members. An important aspect of this job is to be responsive to our program needs and provide support to the wider community of fellow staff, participants, and families in our program.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 2:00pm-6:00pm, OR Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 2:00pm-5:30pm
Contract Term: The remainder of the program year, through June 26, 2020, or annual to include a role at Camp Simchah 2020. This position may be hourly or combined with another position at the center to reach full time status.
Starting rate: $13-15/hour & commensurate with education and experience.
Qualifications: Qualified applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have previous related work experience. Preference will be given to applicants who have an academic major or degree in education or related field. Applicants must be able to: complete First Aid & CPR w/AED training (provided by the JCCNS) and pass EEC Background check and fingerprint screenings.
To apply: Please email a current resume and days/times available to Jessie Stephens, Youth and Family Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Employment Application
When completing the below employment application please be thorough and upload a current and accurate employment resume. Please allow our staff 5-7 business days to get back in touch with you.
The JCC of the North Shore is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions at the JCCNS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified individuals will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, disability status, gender or any other basis upon which discrimination is prohibited by law. The JCCNS is an equal opportunity employer.