Secure the Future of Our Jewish Family
At the Jewish Community Center of the North Shore, we share your history, your values and your vision for a vibrant Jewish future here on the North Shore. And we can help secure that future by carrying out your philanthropic wishes.
We hope you will consider making a gift to the JCCNS Endowment Fund that will greatly impact and touch the lives of generations to come.
What is an Endowment?
A gift made to our Endowment Fund is to be preserved for the future, generating income in perpetuity, and accruing interest to grow principal and/or to fund ongoing operating needs.
A gift to the JCCNS Endowment Fund…
- Gives the JCCNS the flexibility to use funds for the greatest good and to respond to our community’s changing needs.
- Is a wonderful way for current donors to perpetuate their annual gift.
- Can be restricted to benefit specific programs, based on a mutually agreed upon written document.
Funding your Endowment
There are many ways to fund your endowment:
- Bequests - through a will, trust or retirement account.
- Life income gifts - such as charitable gifts, annuities and charitable remainder trusts.
- Life Insurance Policy - tax-deductible premium payments on a new or existing life insurance policy are a fraction of the full face value of the policy, and a great way to leverage your funds. This can allow for a larger gift in the future than you might have thought possible.
There are other options as well, and we are happy to work with you and your financial advisor to help you make the best decision.
Where is the Endowment Invested?
All Endowment Fund gifts are invested entirely in the Jewish Community Endowment Pool, run by CJP’s Board of Managers. This highly talented group of investors volunteer their time and seek to generate an annualized return net of manager fees and inflation, of 5% or better over the long-term. Asset allocation, manager selection, and the judicious use of cash combine to support the risk/return objective by creating a diversified portfolio with the potential for strong risk-adjusted returns and excellent capital protection. As of December 2017, the JCEP assets totaled approximately $1.5 billion.
For more information please contact JCCNS Executive Director Marty Schneer at (781) 476-9900.