PARENTS, LET US HELP!
Dates: September 14-October 30 (Extended dates TBD and will be based on weather)
WE ARE AWARE OF CHANGES TO SCHEDULES AS STUDENTS GO INTO HYBRID LEARNING. WE ARE PREPARED TO ADJUST AS NEEDED.
DAYS/TIMES: Weekly, Monday- Friday 8:00am-2:30pm
(drop off 7:45am-8:00am, pick up 2:30pm-2:45pm)
Location: JCCNS Outdoor Pool Pavilion and Hill
Cost: $13.50/hr per participant, plus $50 registration fee
Who is Remote from the J for?
- This program supports all elementary-aged students from local North Shore area schools, while we remain in a remote/ remote-to-hybrid school model during the Covid-19 pandemic. The hours are based on the Hybrid Model that Marblehead Public Schools are operating under during the Fall of 2020, but because of our flexible hours and registration options, families with elementary school-aged students from all local schools can take advantage of this program!
We have limited space for upcoming weeks but aim to accommodate as many students as possible, so register today!
Who will be staffing Remote from the J?
- Heather Gravelese, Remote from the J Supervisor
- Rachel Dicker, Youth and Family Administrative Assistant
- Additional lead staff will include college graduates and students.
- Additional assistants will include local high school upper class students.
- Instruction will be provided by children's remote-teacher from MPS. Remote from the J staff will facilitate the student's remote-learning and provide supplemental enrichment when needed.
What is the format for learning during the Remote from the J program?
- Students will be assigned to groups with no more than 10 children and 1 lead staff member. (If needed, a group may be assigned an assistant staff member.)
- Students will bring and use their own equipment (computer, Chromebook, iPad, pencils, pens, notebooks, calculators, etc.)
- Remote from the J lead staff members and assistants will only be assigned to one group and will not rotate between groups.
- Students in each group will remain at least 6 feet apart from those in other groups.
- Each student's personal and school items will be stored at their individual work area.
- Bathrooms will be available, of course!
Set up work areas for each student with devices and materials
Follow remote learning plan from school teacher with support of JCCNS Remote from the J staff. Snack break included.
Follow remote learning plan from school teacher with support of JCCNS Remote from the J staff
7:45-8:00 - Check in/Arrival
8:00-8:15 - Set up work areas for each student with devices and materials
8:15-12:30 - Follow remote learning plan from school teacher with support of JCCNS Remote from the J staff. Snack break included.
12:30-1:30 - Lunch/recess
1:30-2:30 - Follow remote learning plan from school teacher with support of JCCNS Remote from the J staff
2:30-2:45 - Clean up/dismissal
Covid precautions/safety for Remote from the J:
We follow all DESE and EEC regulations mandatory for reopening programs.
- Check-in at arrival, including temperature check and health questionnaire;
- Masks are to be worn upon arrival by all staff and participant and anytime indoors or within 6 ft of others;
- Mask breaks will be allowed for students when at their learning area (all students will be spaced at least 6 feet apart). Masks will be required whenever students are not at their seats and when moving around;
- Staff wear masks at all times (unless in designated “mask break” area);
- Health care supervisors will be present at all times (minimum CPR/First Aid w/AED cert);
- Lifeguard will be on deck at all times;
- Any shared items are cleaned after one person uses them and before another uses them;
- All items owned by Remote from the J and used during the day will be thoroughly disinfected at the end of each program day and stored securely.