PARENTS, LET US HELP!
Learning Support Options:
on remote learning days
$78/day member; $88/day community
($50 registration fee which includes individual, non-electronic, school supplies.)
*7:45am drop off is available if needed*
In school learning days:
$24/day member; $27/day community
Extended Care available until 3:00pm
4:00pm or 5:00pm pickup times available through J Adventure (see below)
$12/hour member; $13.50/hour community
Who is Remote from the J for?
- This program supports all elementary-aged students from Marblehead and Swampscott schools, while we remain in a remote/ remote-to-hybrid school model during the Covid-19 pandemic. The hours are based on the Hybrid Model that Marblehead Public Schools are operating under during the 2020-2021 school year.
We have limited space for upcoming weeks but aim to accommodate as many students as possible, so register today!
Who will be staffing Remote from the J?
- Heather Gravelese, Remote from the J Supervisor
- Rachel Dicker, Youth and Family Administrative Assistant
- Additional lead staff will include college graduates and students.
- Additional assistants will include local high school upper class students.
- Instruction will be provided by your children's classroom teachers. Remote from the J staff will facilitate the student's remote-learning which includes following the classes and schedules and providing technical support as well supplemental enrichment when needed.
What is the format for learning during the Remote from the J program?
- Students will be assigned to groups with no more than 10 children and 1 lead staff member. (If needed, a group may be assigned an assistant staff member.)
- Students will bring and use their own equipment (computer, Chromebook, iPad, pencils, pens, notebooks, calculators, etc.)
- Students in each group will remain at least 6 feet apart from those in other groups.
- Each student's personal and school items will be stored at their individual work area.
Learning Support Schedule:
Set up work areas for each student with devices and materials
Follow remote learning plan from school teacher with support of JCCNS Remote from the J staff. Snack break included.
Follow remote learning plan from school teacher with support of JCCNS Remote from the J staff
7:45-8:00 - Check in/Arrival
8:00-8:15 - Set up work areas for each student with devices and materials
8:15-12:30 - Follow remote learning plan from school teacher with support of JCCNS Remote from the J staff. Snack break included.
12:30-1:30 - Lunch/recess
1:30-2:30 - Follow remote learning plan from school teacher with support of JCCNS Remote from the J staff
2:30-2:45 - Clean up/dismissal
Covid precautions/safety for Remote from the J:
We follow all DESE and EEC regulations mandatory for reopening programs.
- Check-in at arrival, including temperature check and health questionnaire;
- Masks are to be worn upon arrival by all staff and participant and anytime indoors or within 6 ft of others;
- Mask breaks will be allowed for students when at their learning area (all students will be spaced at least 6 feet apart). Masks will be required whenever students are not at their seats and when moving around;
- Staff wear masks at all times (unless in designated “mask break” area);
- Health care supervisors will be present at all times (minimum CPR/First Aid w/AED cert);
- Any shared items are cleaned after one person uses them and before another uses them;
- All items owned by Remote from the J and used during the day will be thoroughly disinfected at the end of each program day and stored securely.
How to Register:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration instructions.