REMINDER: If you have you visited an area/state designated as “high risk" in the past two weeks, you must provide results from a negative COVID-19 test before registering for any programs or events at the JCCNS. more details
The JCCNS has the following COVID-19 policies for the safety of our members, community, and staff.
The JCCNS is taking reasonable precautions consistent with the recommendations of the CDC and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to control the spread of COVID-19 among members, staff and visitors while using our facility.
The JCCNS also expects members, staff and visitors to comply with the Center’s COVID-19 restrictions while in our facility, or when otherwise engaged in JCCNS-related activities and business, including practicing social distancing, wearing face coverings, regularly washing hands or using hand sanitizer and regularly cleaning work out equipment or work stations, as applicable.
1All visitors and staff to the JCCNS must fill out a Health Questionnaire on the day they are entering the building or engaging in classes. (See questions below.)
2All members and visitors who are registering for a Class or Time-slot on MotionVibe must ALSO fill out the Health Questionnaire before the app will allow them to register. In most cases, you will complete the questionnaire the day before you arrive, AND on the day you arrive.
3For the health and safety of our members and staff, MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES on the Fitness Floor and inside the JCCNS Building.
4Guidelines for specific areas of the J are listed below.
(to be answered on MotionVibe before arrival)
Despite the above precautions, the JCCNS cannot (and does not) make representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about whether members, staff or visitors can safely enter or use the facility without the risk of being infected by the COVID-19 virus.
Those who fall into a category that is at higher risk of severe illness if they contract COVID-19 (such as, by way of example, those who are 65 or older, those who are immunocompromised and those who suffer from the following conditions: asthma, chronic lung disease, diabetes, serious heart conditions, chronic kidney disease being treated with dialysis, liver disease and/or severe obesity), may not be able to safely enter or use the JCCNS while the COVID-19 crisis is pending and should use extreme caution.
Any members, staff or visitors who choose to enter the JCCNS, to use the resources offered in our facility or to otherwise engage in JCCNS-related activities or business do so at their own risk.
Before coming in to the JCCNS, please make sure you are healthy and have not knowingly been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 within the last 14 days , and read and agree to the JCCNS Covid-19 Policies and Disclaimer above. Please make sure you cannot answer yes to any of the following questions:
What to do if you are exposed to Covid-19:
If you develop possible signs and symptoms of COVID-19, are exposed to a person infected with COVID-19, or you test positive, please follow these protocols for quarantine and testing before returning to the JCCNS:
(right-click to download pdf)
Guidelines by Department / Area:
- Please limit 2 members in each restroom at a time.
- Please observe social distancing by using only the stalls and sinks indicated.
- Masks MUST be worn at all times in the locker rooms.
- 6 feet of Social Distancing must be maintained.
- 8 people MAXIMUM are allowed per locker room at a time.
- A minimal numbers of lockers will be available for day use storage. The remainder of the lockers are closed.
- Minimal showers have been reopened. Showers will be cleaned regularly and sanitizer will be available.
- The Steam/Sauna are currently CLOSED.
Please see signs at Health Centers for more details and guidelines.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the locker room.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance at all times.
- Personal lockers are available. Please be cognizant of giving other members space to change.
- Towel service is available
Tennis Courts open for recreational play for JCCNS members only. NO ORGANIZED PLAY SUCH AS LESSONS OR LEAGUES.
- Only players from the same household allowed on the court.
- All participants must wear face masks.
- Players waiting to utilize a court should wait outside the courts gate until the previous players have vacated the court.
- Players should sanitize hands before and after play. Please do not share equipment. Wipe down and sanitize equipment including racquets, balls, and water bottles.
- Minimum 6 foot social distancing required.
Please help keep our playgrounds safe!
- Children and adults who feel sick or are recovering from an illness may not visit the playground.
- Users should sanitize hands before and after using the playground.
- Children over the age of 2 and adults must wear face coverings if unable to socially distance. Adults supervising children should monitor children at all times to ensure children adhere to requirements for face coverings.
- Minimum 6 foot social distancing required. Adults supervising children should monitor children at all times to ensure children maintain proper distancing.
- If playground is crowded and social distancing cannot be maintained, please go to another playground.
Rules and guidelines subject to change, following CDC, Massachusetts and Marblehead Board of Health recommendations.